Site news

Omniscience (5) God Knows You

Picture of David Denninger
Omniscience (5) God Knows You
by David Denninger - Saturday, 23 March 2024, 3:06 AM

Our security and peace is in the fact that there is a Source of complete and accurate knowledge of each of us. Those who acknowledge their incomplete, compromised knowing reach out to this reassurance.

“Who can discern his errors?
From what is hidden, acquit me” (Ps 19:12).

“Now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known” (1 Cor 13:12).

God knows.

“For His eyes are upon the ways of a man,
And He sees all his steps. . . .
For He does not need to consider a man further,
That he should go before God in judgment” (Job 34:21, 23).

“O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all”  (Psalm 139:1-4). 

“The Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

“And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do” (Heb 4:12-13). 

God has always known you and everything about you intimately. He has always been completely aware of all your thoughts and of all your thoughts to come. He knows all your imaginations, your longings, your fantasies, your passions, your impulses, and your reactions. He knows what you will say next. He knows why you will say each thing, your motive in saying it, and the difference between your words and what is really in your heart. He discerns your attitudes, your reasoning, and your rationalizing. He weighs your judgments and your partiality. He looks upon your pride, your disdain, your disregard, and your compromising. 

His awareness of you is total and constant. He knows your struggles, your fears, your hurts, your guilt, your pain, your failures, the deep wounds you carry in your soul. He hears your cries, your sighing too deep for words. He remembers and collects all your tears. He is God, the all-knowing One.

When we consider redemption and creation together, God’s wisdom according to His knowledge is even more astounding.

He created us to be able to receive wisdom by actually receiving this Person into our lives. He created us with the capacity to be born of His eternal seed, receive a new nature, and still be ourselves. He created us so that we would be able to become His sanctuaries without violating His holiness, even while we are still sinners. He created us with natural, mortal bodies that He will transform into immortal, spiritual bodies.

All God’s promises and assurances to us are established in His perfect knowledge and wisdom, His absolute power, and His sovereign rule. 

“We know that all things work together to good for those who love God, who are called according to God’s purpose” (Rom 8:28).

(Spotlight 5, Lesson 7 in Doctrine 101: Learning about God)