Site news

Tri-unity (13) Love from forever

Picture of David Denninger
Tri-unity (13) Love from forever
by David Denninger - Saturday, 23 March 2024, 3:20 AM

As God brings forth the original and new creations, a willing subordination is seen in the Son and the Spirit. What the three Persons are, they are eternally. 

a. willing subordination

Eternally and essentially the Father in His very nature is the One Who initiates, commands, and sends. 

The Son by His very nature is the One Who obeys. He is the One Who radiates the glory and reveals the Father. He is the Word expressing the Father’s heart.

The Spirit is eternally preoccupied in seeking to glorify the Son. He proceeds from the Father and the Son, imparting the Son’s life — bringing forth new birth in those the Father is making His sons and daughters.

b
. love seeking the other

the Father loving:

“The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand” (John 3:35).

“This is my beloved Son, in Whom I am well-pleased” (Matt 3:17).

“The Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing” (John 5:20).

“For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him” (Col 1:19).

“. . . that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, . . .  and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father” (Phil 2:10-11).

“. . .  that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world” (John 17:24).

the Son loving:

“The Father is greater than I” (John 14:28).

“Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, ‘Behold, I have come . . . to do Your will, O God’” Heb 10:5, 7).

“The Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing” (John 5:19).

“The death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God” (Rom 6:10).

“Then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One Who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all” (1 Cor 15:28).

the Spirit loving :

“The Spirit of truth . . . will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears He will speak” (John 16:13).

“The Spirit of Truth Who proceeds from the Father . . .  will testify about Me” ( John 15:26).

‘The love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit . . . “ (Rom 5:5).

“Now I urge you, brothers,  by the love of the Spirit . . .” (Rom 15:30).

“The fruit of the Spirit is love” (Gal 5:22).

(Spotlight 13, Lesson 3 in Doctrine 101: Learning about God)