Site news

Tri-unity (10) God in His fulness 

Picture of David Denninger
Tri-unity (10) God in His fulness 

by David Denninger - Saturday, 23 March 2024, 3:21 AM

Each member of the Trinity is fully God and personally shares in all the attributes.

i. The Father is fully God.

Whenever we speak of God the Father, there is nothing to make us question that we are speaking of God. We frequently address the Father simply as “God.” He is the One of Whom Jesus spoke as “the Father in Heaven.” 

When Jesus said, “I and the Father are one,” the Jews intended to stone Him because, as they said, “You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God” (John 10:30-33).

ii.
The Son is fully God. 

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. . . . And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:1, 14).  

“For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form” (Col 2:9).

Only God Himself is worthy of worship from angels and from men.

“And when He brings the firstborn into the world, He says, ‘And let all the angels of God worship Him’” (Heb 1:6).

“After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshipped Him” (Matt 2:11).

“For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven” (Col 1:19-20).

“The next day he (John) saw Jesus coming to him and he said, ‘Behold, the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world’” (John 1:29).

No created being is able to take all the sins of the world on himself and to absorb all of the Creator’s poured-out wrath against it.

iii. The Holy Spirit is fully God.

“As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, . . . who were born . . . of God” (John 1:12-13).

“Unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God” (John 3:5).

When Peter confronts Ananias, he asks him,

“Why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit?
You have not lied to men, but to God” (Acts 5:3-4).

(Spotlight 10, Lesson 3 in Doctrine 101: Learning about God)