Site news

Tri-unity (5) A Father in heaven

Picture of David Denninger
Tri-unity (5) A Father in heaven
by David Denninger - Saturday, 23 March 2024, 3:24 AM

A Father in heaven

a. In the Son we meet the Father.

“No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God Who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him” (John 1:18).

“In these last days [God] has spoken to us in His Son . .. And He is . . . the exact representation of His nature” (Heb 1:2-3).

"He is the image of the invisible God" (Col 1:15).

“Jesus said to him, ‘. . . If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him and have seen Him’” (John 14:6-7).

“He who has seen Me has seen the Father” (John 14:9).

“Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me” (John 14:11).

“The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me is doing His works” (John 14:10).

“Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner” (John 5:19).

b. Through the Son we learn of the Father:

“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, not reap, not gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" (Matt 6:26)

“. . . how much more will your Father Who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!” (Matt 7:11)

“Pray, then, in this way: ‘Our Father Who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name’” (Matt 6:9).

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him” (John 14:23).

“For whoever does the will of My Father Who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother” (Matt 12:50).

“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect” (Matt 5:48).

“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father Who is in heaven” (Matt 5:45).

(Spotlight 5, Lesson 3 in Doctrine 101: Learning about God)