Site news

Knowing God (1) Does everyone know?

Picture of David Denninger
Knowing God (1) Does everyone know?
by David Denninger - Saturday, 23 March 2024, 10:34 PM

The existence of God and  humanity’s inner sense of God  

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them" (Rom 1:18-19).

Every human being has an inner sense that there is a God. Everyone is accountable, whatever their background, however they may have been raised, and whatever they have been told. “They are without excuse.” No one can complain that there is insufficient evidence and that they had no way of knowing that God exists.

Every human being who has ever lived has known there is a God. But this is knowledge that some willfully reject because they are unwilling to submit to Him. The Bible describes those who say that God does not exist as fools (Ps 14:1). 

This inner awareness gets stronger and clearer as we become Christians, but it is there in every person in a way that has to be purposely ignored or rejected by those who deny His existence. 

Read Romans 1:18-25.                                                                                                                

(Spotlight 1, Lesson 1 in Doctrine 101: Learning about God)

Picture of Tony Ndubuisi
Re: This week's feature: from Doctrine 101; Lesson 1
by Tony Ndubuisi - Sunday, 3 April 2022, 7:18 PM

Sir,

It disturbs me whenever I see or read about people who blatantly refuse the existence of God. For instance I had recent experience in my work place where a student came to me further clarifications after a government science teacher had fed them with the stuff that he doesn't believe in God. He even made them to consult some mystical books like the book of mormon, etc he told them that God being the light we see, the sound, any elements around us could be their God.

I had to sit her down take her through the passages of the scripture to help her understand that their is God who created all things including the elements.

Picture of David Denninger
Re: This week's feature: from Doctrine 101; Lesson 1
by David Denninger - Saturday, 23 March 2024, 3:32 AM

Tony, I thank the Holy Spirit that this student came to you and for your readiness to restore truth in her understanding through HIs Word.   David